We are seeking a smart, motivated, and outgoing UX Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a personal interest in mobile and social applications, a passion for the consumer-products, and a deep understanding of user interface and UX design planning and management. Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively work cross-functionally are a must. And most importantly, the UX Designer must have a passion for user experience principles and enjoy working in fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Leading the Mobile Interaction Design for our hugely successful and growing Android and iOS app.
- Translating user feedback or business requirements into visual user interfaces.
- Implementing UI mobile components, using Fireworks, Flash or other interaction comps.
- User experience, user interface and interaction design planning and management.
- Ensuring the consistent visual presentation and UI design through UX principles.
- Work closely with the founders, lead UX/UI designer and team to take our mobile product to the next level.
- 3-4 years experience in the following:
- Expert Skills: Adobe CS5, Omnigraffle (or equivalent wireframing application).
- 1-2 years professional mobile/web development experience as a member of a team participating in the complete lifecycle of several successfully delivered mobile and/or web applications.
- Solid understanding of mobile/web standards, mobile graphics techniques, and site/mobile production practices.
- Strong creative and visual skills.
- Ability to explain your thinking; strong interpersonal skills; an ability to work independently and with a group.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey ideas into tangible form.
- Experience developing high quality consumer mobile applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI or Interface Design
- Stock Options
- Whatever hardware you need, powerful box and screen setup with comfy aeron chair
- Medical and dental insurance.
- Unlimited Xbox, Wii, NES, Coke, Juices, Coffee, Tea, Snacks and Foosball.
- Book budget and large existing library
- An exciting and challenging work environment.
- Commuter benefits
- Free lunches (there is such a thing at Heyzap)
- Fun team events
- Unlimited whiteboard access
If you read this post while thinking “Oh wow, that is totally me!”, then click here and apply.